Views: 326 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-04-13 Origin: Site
The floor of your bedroom is a particularly intimate surface. This was the first thing you stepped on barefoot in the morning, and the last thing you encountered every night before into bed. The influence of bedroom floor on people has both physiological and psychological influences. Therefore, the choice of materials is particularly important. You can use many criteria to choose the best bedroom flooring material. Each floor material has advantages and disadvantages, let us look at them in detail below.
Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular choices for bedroom flooring. Among real estate professionals, solid wood flooring is generally considered one of the best flooring materials. It is not only beautiful and durable, but also relatively warm and durable. Even better, it is environmentally friendly.
Advantages of hardwood floors
1. Beautiful surface: Hardwood extends the warm and natural beauty to the bedroom. The appearance will vary depending on the wood type and finish, but wood almost always gives the room an original feel.
2. Durable, long-lasting materials: If properly maintained, the life of sanding hardwood floors can be as long as the house itself. Unless for aesthetic reasons, hardwood floors are unlikely to need to be replaced.
Disadvantage of hardwood floors
1. Maintenance is tricky: Hardwood floors can resist stains and damage, but when damage occurs, it is difficult to repair. And the hardwood needs to be sealed occasionally and will eventually need to be peeled and repaired.
2. Relatively expensive: high-quality solid wood hardwood is one of the more expensive flooring choices. Material and installation costs range from US$6 to US$25 per square foot, depending on the type of wood selected.
Although it is still a relatively uncommon flooring material, natural cork flooring is becoming more and more popular in bedrooms. One of its most important functions is its ability to insulate between floors. This can provide sound insulation while also conserving heat.
Advantages of cork flooring
1. Soft: Cork is a soft surface, and the feet are extremely comfortable. This is one of the most forgiving floors when a person falls. This is one of the most forgiving floors when a person falls.
2. Thermal insulation value: This material is warmer than hardwood. The cork is filled with millions of tiny bubbles, which can provide heat and sound insulation at the same time.
Disadvantages of cork flooring
1. Environmental protection is slightly worse: Although cork itself is a natural material that does not pollute, the resin and adhesive used in its manufacturing process use synthetic chemicals. It may be difficult to find a recycling center where old cork floors can be used. But cork is still better environmentally than carpet, vinyl or laminate flooring.
2. The service life is shorter than hardwood: Although some products can be repaired multiple times between installations, the softwood must be replaced regularly. If properly maintained, cork floors can still be used for 25 years.
Whether it is sheet vinyl, vinyl tiles or the new luxury vinyl flooring (LVF) tongue and groove board form, vinyl is a surprisingly versatile floor choice for bedrooms.
Advantages of vinyl flooring
1. Water resistance: Although this is more important in bathrooms and kitchens, the waterproof properties of vinyl flooring may be valuable in bedrooms with attached bathrooms. Waterproof properties also make the floor easy to clean.
2. Easy to maintain: The bedroom is a relatively low-flow room, and it is easy to keep the vinyl clean by sweeping and occasional wet mops.
Disadvantages of vinyl flooring
1. Not a "green" option: The main disadvantage of vinyl is that it is relatively unfavorable to the environment. Its production uses non-renewable petroleum resources and requires a lot of energy to manufacture.
2. Chemicals in the exhaust gas may be released: New ethylene devices, especially those using adhesive coating methods, may release VOCs and harmful chemicals, such as formaldehyde, within a few weeks after installation.
Which floor do you prefer?
Refer list: Popular Bedroom Flooring Materials