Views: 390 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-12-11 Origin: Site
Generally, laminate flooring is composed of four layers of wear-resistant layer, decorative layer, high-density base material layer, and balance layer. Many people only know that the price of laminate flooring is cheap, but they do not understand its advantages and disadvantages. In this article, we will summarize the advantages and disadvantages of laminate flooring. We hope that it will help you know more about this product.
Advantages of laminate flooring
1. Wear resistance: The biggest advantage of laminate flooring is wear resistance. And the wear resistance of laminate flooring is dozens of times higher than that of ordinary flooring.
2. Variety of colors: In addition to wear resistance, laminate flooring can be used to simulate various wood grain patterns and colors by computer, so it looks more beautiful.
3. Stable structure: Because the structure of the original wood is broken up and the characteristics of wood expansion and shrinkage are destroyed, the size of laminate floor is very stable, and it can also be used in the room of the floor heating system.
4. Cheap price: It is well known that its price is cheaper than that of solid wood flooring, so cheap laminate flooring is popular on the market.
5. Maintenance-free: In addition to above advantages, laminate flooring also has the function of anti-impact, anti-static, anti-pollution, anti-light. It is not only easy to install, but also is very simple to maintain.
Disadvantages of laminate flooring
1. It is difficult to repair after damage: The substrate of the laminate floor is made of high-density fiberboard. The biggest disadvantage of this type of board is that it cannot be repaired after being soaked in water. Once the laminate floor is soaked in water, it can only be replaced.
2. Contains formaldehyde: Because laminate flooring uses a large amount of adhesive in the process of production, its environmental protection performance is naturally not guaranteed. If you buy inferior laminate flooring, you will suffer formaldehyde poisoning for a long time.
3. Poor foot feel: The thickness of laminate floor is 12mm, and the density and hardness of the base material layer are greater. Therefore, the foot feel of laminate floor is not as good as the solid wood floor and the solid wood composite floor, and the comfort is slightly worse.
How to identify the quality?
In order to identify the laminate flooring, you can observe whether the surface of the floor has uniform gloss, well-proportioned patterns, white spots and stains, whether the interfaces are neat and free of damage, and whether there are tiny jagged cracks.
In addition to above methods, you also need to touch the surface of the floor with your hands to feel whether the surface feels uneven. Only a smooth surface is a good laminate floor. And you must smell it. Even if the laminate floor has a slight pungent smell, it shows that its formaldehyde content is probably high.
After you read the advantages and disadvantages of laminate flooring, we hope you can clearly understand this product, and know whether you need buy it when installing flooring.
Diynetwork, The Pros of Laminate Flooring